Coffee machine HiBREW H1. Manual. Review.
Coffee machine HiBREW H1 19 bar
1. Opening lever for changing the adapters.
2. Compartment for the adapters.
3. Small cup support.
4, Large cup support.
5. Control buttons: On/off, short coffee and long coffee.
6. Water tank lid.
7. Water tank.
8. Adapter for Nespresso® capsules.
9. Adapter for Dolee Gusto™ capsules.
10. Adapter for ground coffee.
ABOUT THIS MANUAL Coffee machine HiBREW H1
This instruction manual cannot cover all possible circumstances. In case of doubts or problems not adequately described in this operating manual, you can obtain more information by contacting the Customer Service Department. Please keep this instruction manual for reference if necessary.
1. Remove your coffee machine from its packaging.
2. After unpacking, verify that the following parts are included:
- Water tank
- Coffee maker
- Capsule and ground coffee adapters.
- Verify that the voltage of the electrical current in your home or establishment is the same as that stated on the nameplate of the machine.
- Recycle all plastic bags to avoid hazards to children!
- Keep the packaging for transporting the machine (e.g. for disassembly, repair, etc.).
GETTING STARTED Coffee machine HiBREW H1
Before using your coffee maker for the first time, pay attention to the safety precautions in this manual, in particular the following:
- Be careful with the hot water! You could get burnt.
- Rinse the water tank thoroughly with clean water before the first use.
- Do not operate the unit with an empty water tank or if the water level is below the minimum level.
- Only use the appliance in a dry room.
- Do not open the lever when the machine is warming up or running.
- Always unplug the power cord before cleaning the machine.
- Clean the coffee maker only with a damp cloth.
The first step is to fill the water tank; there are two ways to do this:
Fill without removing the tank.
1. Lift the water tank cover.
2. Fill the tank with clean water (maximum water temperature 35°C).
3. Lower the tank cover.
Fill by removing the water tank.
1. Slightly lift the water tank in the direction shown in the picture to remove the water tank from the appliance. Fill the tank to the “MAX” line with clean water (maximum capacity 0.6 litres).
2. Slowly slide the water tank over the base of the water tank, performing the reverse procedure described above. When the water tank outlet is inserted into the inlet base, push down to lock the water tank.
There may be a drop of water left in the appliance. To ensure that this unit works perfectly, it was tested with water before it left the factory.
Improper handling of electrical equipment is dangerous and can be lethal.
This appliance is in Standby mode by default: In this mode, the machine and all indicator lights will turn off after 15 minutes of inactivity.
If the machine enters standby mode, press the start button to turn it back on.
STANDBY MODE SETTING Coffee machine HiBREW H1
Hold down the Small Cup and Large Cup buttons.
Connect the machine to the power outlet. The LED on the start button will light up.
To activate the Standby Mode, press the small cup button the LED light will turn on.
Press again to deactivate Standby Mode and the LED light will turn off.
FACTORY DEFAULT SETTING Coffee machine HiBREW H1
Press and hold the Large Cup button. Connect the machine to the power outlet.
The LED on the button will turn on and blink twice, indicating that the machine has Teturned to the factory default setting.
COFFEE PREPARATION Coffee machine HiBREW H1
Your coffee machine includes three adapters for making coffee or other beverages.
1. Connect the device to the mains socket. Press the start button.
2. Lift the top lever and pull it out to remove the adapter while the machine warms up.
3. Follow the instructions below to use each type of adapter:
Nespresso® capsules: Lift the capsule adapter lid. Insert a capsule into the adapter and lower the adapter lid.
Dolce Gusio™ capsules: Insert a capsule into the adapter.
Ground Coffee: Lift the adapter’s lid and add the ground coffee. Press down to compact the ground coffee and lower the adapter's lid.
4, Push the adapter with the capsule in and close the lever downwards as shown in the picture.
5. Place a cup under the dispenser. Press the desired coffee button only once. The button will flash and the machine will begin preparation.
Predetermined brewing time:
16s for short espresso and 25s for long coffee.
25s for short espresso and 47s for long coffee.
6. Once the brewing process is complete, the machine will automatically stop when the predetermined brewing time is reached. You can change the amount of coffee by adjusting the default brewing time to suit your taste. Refer to the "Coffee volume adjustment" section.
7. Lift the lever and remove the adapter to insert the new capsule you are going to use or to change the adapter.
When the desired coffee button is pressed, its LED may blink for a few seconds first, and then start brewing coffee, which is quite normal.
COFFEE VOLUME ADJUSTMENT
You can change the amount of coffee by adjusting the default brewing time to suit your taste.
Volume adjustment for a small cup
1. Place the cup under the coffee spout.
2. Press and hold the small cup button until you get the coffee you want (Min. 10s, Max. 90s).
Volume adjustment for a large cup
1. Place the cup under the coffee spout.
2. Press and hold the large cup button until you get the coffee you want (Min. 10s, Max. 90s).
CLEANING Coffee machine HiBREW H1
- Be sure to disconnect the machine before cleaning.
- Never immerse the machine or part of it in water; you could suffer serious injury or even death by electric shock!
- Do not use any strong cleaning agent or solvent cleaner.
- Do not use pointy objects, brushes, abrasives or sharp objects.
- Do not clean the parts in a dishwasher.
Cleaning the capsule and ground coffee adapters
Empty the adapter tank and wash it with water. Dry the whole piece thoroughly with a napkin or dry cloth.
Cleaning the appliance
Wipe with a clean, damp cloth, reassemble all parts. Clean the coffee spout and preparation area regularly with a damp cloth.
EMPTYING AND CLEANING THE INTERNAL PIPES Coffee machine HiBREW H1
Before using the machine again after long breaks (e.g., vacation), the machine must be rinsed thoroughly. This short procedure serves to thoroughly purge and clean the internal piping. Procedure
1. Fill the water tank with water (see “Getting started”)
2. Connect the device to the mains socket.
3. Press the start button.
4. The LEDs on the buttons will stabilize when the machine has warmed up. The warm-up time is approximately 45 seconds.
Before pressing the long coffee button, make sure that:
- The compartment lever is closed and there are no capsules inside.
-The water tank is full.
-The water tank is firmly in place, otherwise the water may leak.
5. Place a large cup (size 250ml or larger) under the dispenser.
6. Press the long coffee button and wait for the appliance to complete the rinse.
7. Do not lift the lever until the rinsing process stops automatically.
DETARTRAGE / ENTRETIEN DE LA MACHINE Coffee machine HiBREW H1
Drinking water varies by region. Lime particles from potable water are deposited as waste in the machine and can block the pipe and cause damage. To avoid this, be sure to decalcify the machine at least after making 300 to 400 cups of coffee or, in any case, if production drops significantly or after one or two months. Decalcification must be done correctly to avoid damage.
Carefully follow the instructions below.
1. Fill the tank with a mixture of water and a commercially available decalcifying liquid for coffee makers (always follow the manufacturer's instructions).
2. Make sure there are no capsules inside the machine.
3. Place a large container under the dispensing head to collect the mixture and lime residue.
4. Press the Large Cup button to perform decalcification. Repeat the process several times until all the water in the tank is used up.
5. Repeat the process to rinse the internal circuit with a tank of clean water (no decalcifying liquid) to completely clean the internal circuit and ensure the good taste of your drinks.
- Use extreme caution with hot water!
- Never clean the machine with vinegar. This will damage the machine and make the drinks taste bad.
- Damage caused by incorrect decalcification or lack of decalcification is not covered by the warranty.
SECURITY WARNINGS Coffee machine HiBREW H1
Do not wet the macnine or put it in the water.
Do not lift the top cover while using the brewer.
Do not touch the top of the adapter when removing it from the compartment, as it is very hot and could cause burns.
There is a sharp needle on the top of the capsule adapter. Do not place your hand underneath or near it as it may get punctured.
Do not switch on or use the appliance if there is no water in the tank.
Electrical Shock Hazard
- Never immerse the appliance in water or any other liquid.
- Damaged power cords may only be replaced by authorized service personnel, please contact customer service.
- Never touch the plug, outlet, cord, or machine with wet or damp hands.
Danger of burns
- Never move the appliance during operation.
- Never touch very hot parts of the appliance (e.g. preparation unit during operations).
- Do not approach steam or liquid jets.
- Do not move the operating lever while the machine is still under pressure making coffee.
- Disconnect the power cord and allow the appliance to cool completely before cleaning or servicing.
RANGE OF APPLICATION
This device is intended for domestic use and similar environments, such as:
- Staff kitchen areas in shops, offices and other work environments;
- Rural houses;
- Hotels, motels and other residential environments;
- Only connect the coffee maker to a properly grounded electrical outlet.
- To make sure the machine is turned off, remove the plug from the electrical outlet.
- Always disconnect the power cord before moving the machine around, cleaning or maintenance and long periods of disuse.
- Do not pull the cord over sharp edges, clamp it or allow it to hang.
- Do not unplug appliances by pulling from the cord; instead grab hold of the plug and disconnect it from the electrical outlet.
- If you need an extension cord, make sure it is suitable for your machine and place the cord securely.
- Never operate the machine without water.
- Always make sure that the amount of water in the tank is not below the minimum level.
- Do not use the machine in case of faulty operation, a damaged power cord or after falling or other damage. (In this case, please contact Customer Service.)
- Keep children away from the machine during operation.
- Only use the machine in a dry environment. Do not allow the power cord to hang too low, as there is a risk of tripping.
- This machine is designed for home use only.
- To avoid damage, never use spare parts or accessories not recommended by the manufacturer.
- Keep this appliance out of the reach of children or persons who do not have the necessary skills to use it unsu- pervised.
- If the power cord is damaged, it should be replaced by the manufacturer, dealer or a qualified service technician.
- Choose a dry, stable, level surface that is not immediately below the power outlet.
- It must be at least 60 cm away from the faucet.
- Never place it on flammable surfaces or equipment, fuses or other appliances (microwave, dishwasher, etc.).
- Never place the machine or power cord within 50 cm of hot surfaces or open flames.
- Never cover the unit during operation.
TROUBLESHOOTING Coffee machine HiBREW H1
|There’s no coffee coming out.||The water tank is empty.||Fill the water tank with water.|
|The coffee's not hot enough.||The coffee maker is cold.||Wait the indicated time for heating.|
|~||Lime buildup.||Carry out decalcification.|
|There is water at the bottom of the machine.||The water tank is leaking.||Check to see if the tank's valve is clogged.|
|~||The bottom drip tray is filled with water.||Empty the drip tray.|
|The lever won't close.||The capsule/coffee adapter is not in place.||Check and attach the adapter correctly.|